Today we have created setup kit for windows based application. After installed the setup, it should extract the application to “Send To” Folder.
This is our requirement, everything is going well, application installed well and shortcut file of the application in created in “Send To” folder. But the problem is, when you select any file and click “Send To”, the list is not showing the application.
When I search the solution in the Google, I found the following solution.
1. We need to modify the Setup file (*.MSI), which is output of our setup project, before install it. To modify the file first Download Orca.Exe and install it.
Orca.exe is a database table editor for creating and editing Windows Installer packages and merge modules. The tool provides a graphical interface for validation, highlighting the particular entries where validation errors or warnings occur.
2. After installed, open the Orca application from installed location.
3. open your output file, *.MSI in Orca.Exe
4. Go to the “property” Table and select from left pane.
5. In the right pane, it will list the properties it contains
6. Right on the right pane, select “Add Row”
7. Add new property “DISABLEADVTSHORTCUTS” with value “1” as shown in the image.
8. Click Ok, and then Save it.
9. Now if you install this package, it will be listing on the “Send To” list
Note: Click on the image to see the maximize view
Hope it helps!