Search this blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

No template information found - Visual Studio

When I'm trying to create a new project in Visual Studio, I got the following Error Message.


"No template information found. See the application log in Event Viewer for more details. To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer."

Then I checked My Event Viewer, here i found a warning message logged by Visual Studio Application with following description.



The global template information is out of date. Regenerate the templates by running 'devenv.exe /installvstemplates' or reinstalling the application. Note: corrective action requires Administrator privileges.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

To Fix My Error, I run the command
devenv.exe /installvstemplates thru command prompt, as suggested in the Log. It helps me to fix my problem. Now i can able to create a projects thru Visual studio.

Hope it helps you too. still if you face the same problem, then you've to re install the application

1 comment: