Search this blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Invalid Object Name – Management Studio Doesn’t Recognize new object

Today I’ve created a new table using SQL Server Management studio 2008, it creates successfully.

When I try to write a Query using this table, Management studio underlined the table name as Invalid object Name
I checked in the list of tables thru intelliSense feature, it does not recognize the table.
But lists on the object Explorer table’s lists after refresh.

After gone thru SQL Documentation, i came to know, this problem can be solved by Refreshing the IntelliSense Cache.

Following is the way to Refresh the IntelliSense Cache
Edit -> IntelliSense -> Refresh Local Cache
Now i checked the intelliSense lists, it lists the table.

Hope it helps!

7 comments:

  1. Wunderful, thx!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across this problem. Quick Google search revealed this post. Problem solved!

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. Thanks So much! Was driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did help. My new stored procedures showing up as invalid was driving me nuts!

    Ctrl-Shift-R is my new favourite shortcut :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOOW ... I was on my last strand of hair when i stumbled upon this. Thanks =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! It wasn't a critical issue but an annoying problem and nice to know the solution.

    ReplyDelete