SQL Server 2008 R2 Books Online includes the following types of information:
1. Setup and upgrade instructions.
2. Information about new features and backward compatibility.
3. Conceptual descriptions of the technologies and features in SQL Server.
4. Procedural topics describing how to use the various features in SQL Server.
5. Tutorials that guide you through common tasks.
6. Reference documentation for the graphical tools, command prompt utilities, programming languages, and application programming interfaces (APIs) that are supported by SQL Server.
7. Descriptions of the sample databases and applications that are available with SQL Server.