I installed the Visual Studio 2008 SP1 on my system. After that I couldn’t create any project in Visual Studio 2008 IDE.
I’m getting the following Error:
“Object reference not set to an instance of an object”
I checked many sites, it suggests me to re-install or repair visual studio 2008.
But it doesn’t help me.
Accidentally it was discovered that this is a per-user problem. After some research I came to know that some of Visual Studio components have had some problems previously so they were skipped from loading.
1. First find out the location of the file devenv.exe, in your system.
2. open Command prompt, set the default location to location of the file devenv.exe
3. Type devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs
4. Run it, after completed it will open VS IDE.
1. Open “Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt” from Visual Studio Tools thru Start menu.
2. Type devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs
It worked well and saved me lot. Hope It may help you too!