Search this blog

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file ...\SQL 2008\x86\setup\SSCERuntime-enu.msi

Today I tried to repair my SQL Server 2008, and then I got some error like
The following error has occurred: “Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file ...\x86\setup\SSCERuntime-enu.msi”
I checked this file from this location, and planning to run this file separately, I faced the same error. i found that when i run this file, “SSCERuntime-enu.msi”, it is for install Microsoft SQL Server compact 3.5 SP1 setup. I decided to remove this installation manually from “Add or Remove Programs”

After uninstalled, I re-run the repair again, it works fine.

Hope it helps someone, that’s why I share with here. Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks "turgay sahtiyan" for your valuable response.

    Have a great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I did a uninstall on the sql server compact 3.5 sp1 and i still get the error when trying to run a repair. I also get a repair when running on the shared services so it still wont let me install sp1. My repair gets like 75% complete to this and then gets the error.

    SSISConfigAction_repair_postmsi_Cpu32

    It says it cant read from the file now.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josh,

    I think, you have to do re-install entire application

    Regards,
    Babu A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babu A,

    I am just curious why though since when i first installed this everything went smooth until i tried to do the sp1 upgrade and it fails.

    thanks,

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just feel if i do a reinstall then I am going to relate back to this problem as my first install of this went fine with no errors.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and here is my post on technet so you can see my log i posted.

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/0abb1a42-57fd-4606-9428-a07abdaa48b0

    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Josh,

    Sometimes we are facing this kind of critical issues, The solution which I mentioned in this blog post is helped me to come out from my problem.

    I'll have look at your post, if I come to any other solution for this, I'll let you know.

    Regards,
    Babu A

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also got this error when doing a repair after i uninstalled the server 2008 compact 3.5 sp1.

    the server did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Error 1316 is an irritating installation error. It pops up when a software is being installed, uninstalled or repaired on your computer. You may get the following description while seeing this error: Error 1316: "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: :\Install.msi"
    You can also get help from this article: error 1316 windows 7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here it described on microsoft support site
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970876

    ReplyDelete