Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extend Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 to enable the creation, building, debugging, running and packaging of scalable web applications and services on Windows Azure.
Please note that this is a CTP release and should not be used on production systems. Please see the EULA for more details.
New for the May 2009 CTP:
- Support for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1
- Update for Visual Studio 2008
- Improved integration with the Development Fabric and Storage services to improve the reliability of debug and run of Cloud Services from Visual Studio
- Enhanced robustness and stability
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio includes:
- C# and VB Project Templates for building Cloud Services
- Tools to change the Service Role configuration
- Integrated local development via the Development Fabric and Development Storage services
- Debugging Cloud Service Roles running in the Development Fabric
- Building and packaging of Cloud Service Packages
- Browsing to the Azure Services Developer Portal
- SSL Certificate selection